Monday, January 11, 2010

she dances featly ~ the winter's tale


After two days of intense rehearsals this weekend, my mind wasn't synchronizing with my body in the slightest.

In the middle of rehearsal, after learning an extremely fast swing number without the addition of music, I felt confident in my abilities and felt as though I had grasped the steps in their entirety.
Then the choreographer said: "Alright, from the top, with music."

I stood in the middle of the dance floor with my hands in the air, knowing that at some point, I was supposed to end up in that position, my eyes wide with the confusion of realizing I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing. So I just stood there in what I knew was supposed to be the ending pose.

When the music stopped I blurted out:

"You think you get the choreography, and then you realize...there's music..."

Life lesson #4,298:
"Just when you seem to learn that 2+2 = 4, you realize that 1 + 3 = 4 and that 20 - 16 = 4 and then you realize that there are so many more numbers you have to understand before you can get the simplest of equations."

No comments:

Post a Comment