Friday, January 15, 2010

i am weary; yea, my memory is tired ~ coriolanus


I am exhausted.

As of yesterday at 3:30pm, I had already worked a 40 hour week and then continued to work until 5:30pm, and was back at work this morning for yet another day of work from 7:30-5:30pm.

Last night we had a ridiculously high impact rehearsal that required a lot of energy and stamina. From 6:45-10:45pm, we rehearsed swing numbers, jive, lindy hop -- we basically put the entire first act together with a very short 4 minute break to shove granola bars down our throats and guzzle water - a break just long enough to give us an energy boost that would enable us to keep dancing.

Drenched in sweat, I left the studio exhuasted, body ready to sign out of life for a little while.

With a shower, a glass of wine, an ice pack on the ankle, and an hour of winding down in the arms of my boyfriend, watching Sports Center (okay, so I wasn't really watching, I was in a complete daze) - I was in bed by 1:30am, and ready to be taken away with slumber.

I'm now on my third cup of coffee this morning and have a RedBull waiting for me in the fridge for my afternoon pick-me-up.

Photo/Publicity shoot for the show tomorrow at noon.
Rehearsal from 2:00-7:00pm.
Sunday's rehearsal is from 2:00-6:00pm.

I'm taking the day off on Monday. I think it's necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment